I’m going to the Webmaster World Pubcon convention next week, and getting pretty stoked. I’m so glad they’re back to a 4 day format now…
The session grid has been complete for a while now, and looks really good. Like always though, it’s hard to be two (or more) places at once.Â I’m pretty sure these are the sessions I’ll be attending, but some were a tough call, and I may still switch at the last minute:
- Keynote Address by Guy Kawasaki
- SEO and Big Search – Don’t miss Jake Bailie!
- Feeds & Alternative Optimization (tough decision with Eric Ward down the hall)
- Site Review Forum – Always entertaining
- Corporate Mega Site SEO Management – (It never hurts to dream big)
- Jon S. Von Techzner Keynote
- Ask.com Cocktail Hour
- New Age of Web Advertising Keynote – John Batelle
- Local and Mobile Local SearchÂ – (This is the future…must dominate)
- Search Blog and Reporter Forum (Cant miss this one)
- Optimizing Your Site for Higher Conversion Rates
- Search and Research on a Rail – (Super Session)
- Google Event
- Danny Sullivan Keynote – Better be there by 7am!
- Forums & Communities – Building and Optimization
- Viral & WOMM Marketing Management – What’s WOMM?
- SEO Dream Team Site Reviews (skip lunch and get a seat early)
- Search Engine Smackdown – The original classic
That’s a free day to shop, eat and gamble, until 1pm when the actual “Pub” part of Pubcon kicks in, with the location TBA the day before.
This day was the best part of the whole trip last year in Vegas, and after being forced to miss the last day in Boston, I promised myself it wouldn’t happen again, so I’m staying until Friday.
Anyone that’s going to the show from Portland (or anywhere) should feel free to look me up and say “hi”. Let’s hook up and compare notes, talk search, have a beer, win big at the craps table, or whatever. Don’t be a lurker…plan to participate!